Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Par-tay!

I had a little blocking party tonight.
Blocking Party.
I finally blocked my Good Luck Lady Sweater and I'm terribly frightened that it grew. A lot. I hope that it's just a skewed perspective on the floor that is making it look so big. Yeeks. I also finished the little yellow shrug. It was really simple and I threw in some puff sleeves to spice it up. Now I have to find a button or sparkly pin to finish it up.
Dash of Yellow.
The mitered mittens were a lot of fun to make. I finally figured out what the awesome handspun yarn I bought from zero wanted to be. First I tried Shag from Knitting New Scarves. I didn't like it so much... it did nothing to emphasis the yarn.
Shag Fail.
Then I tried the Morning Surf scarf that was made specially for handspun yarn. No dice. Me no likey. To stringy or something...
Morning Surf Fail.
Finally, I turned to EZ... my first true EZ project! (One could argue that the Good Luck Lady sweater was an EZ inspired knit...) I was a bit daunted by the pithy mitten instructions at first, but I figured it out and look how pretty!
Mitten One.
Mitten Two.
I lurve them so much!!! They are so warm and toasty. And look at the pretty color shifts!!! I will model them for you when they are dry.

Oh and real quick, a modeled pic of my Shetland Triangle:
Shetland Triangle.
And finally, I think it's time for a haircut. That is all. Good night!

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP