Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Swatching...

I have been swatching for my next projects and I need an opinion. Below is a swatch for a pair of Endpaper Mitts. I haven't done that much colorwork knitting, so I wanted to practice the two handed technique and see how holding the yarn in different hands affected the colorwork. I've heard rumors of yarn dominance and I wanted to prove it to myself. I didn't think it would make a huge difference, but check it out:
IMG_3972.JPG
Top motif: Dark purple = background color, held in right hand
Middle motif: Dark purple = background color, held in left hand
Bottom motif: Dark purple = pattern color, held in left hand

So basically, the top and middle motifs are knit exactly the same way, except I'm carrying the yarn in opposite hands. Do you see how different they look! The yarn held in the left hand is definitely dominant. Check this out for another example. Yarn dominance!?! Who knew it would make such a huge difference.

Anyway, my question is, which motif do you like the best? Which color should be the background and which should be the pattern yarn? And which should be dominate? I already have an opinion, but I'm curious what other people think.

What say you?

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP