Thursday, October 09, 2008

Brown and Gray.

The time of the year has come where most of my knitting turns to gift knitting. I generally collaborate with my giftees to ensure that they are completely satisfied with their gift. I would hate to spend time knitting a gift for someone if they weren't going to wear it. Usually, people have unique and interesting requests and it is fun to make things that I wouldn't normally choose to make.

Apparently this year it's all about brown and gray. Hmmm.
DSC_0028.JPG
Of course this is perfectly fine. Look at this fine example of these beautiful colors in nature:
DSC_0111.JPG
Heathery gray is awesome. And I love brown! But it does get a bit boring to knit brown and gray all the time. I might have to cast on something multi-colored just to keep my sanity. Endpaper Mitts??? Of course, there is always my sister's gift... I don't know how I agreed to this...
DSC_0037.JPG
That's going to be Beatrix. Unfortunately, I had to go down to a US3 to make gauge. Gulp. Um... excuse me... I better get back to the needles.

3 comments:

Team Knit said...

I love brown and grey, tehy go with so many other colours! And that pinecone shot sums it all up, really. :)

- Julie

Anonymous said...

First off, I love your new blog header :D Beautifully done! Did you buy a new nikon? I know you got a new camera, just didn't know which brand.

Anywho, these are all going to be fabulous colors on you! Can't wait to see some real progress! :)

Mandie said...

Hey Preita! I bought myself a Nikon D90. :) It's a really sweet camera and I love it lots...

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP