Thursday, February 03, 2005

Re: Designing

The one thing about designing is you can't be afraid to take a trip to the frog pond. I was knitting the thumb gusset on my glove when I realized the glove wasn't getting wide enough. My wrist is much smaller than the widest part of my palm so I have to increase to accommodate the difference. I should have charted this out before starting just to get an idea of the increases I need. So I printed out some handy dandy knitter's graphing paper in the appropriate gauge, traced my hand, and charted out some increases.


Bad news for le Swirly Glove.

Eek! I guess I should be optimistic and remind myself how fun it is to knit with Koigu. *sigh* And that this glove will actually FIT my hand. Like a glove. Kind of important.


Ribbit, ribbit.

It's fun to post in the morning. :) OH! And in the picture above you can see my stitch marker/safety pin/darning needle holder. It's the Very Cherry Gum tin I bought it at Target. After I finished the gum, I decided that it would be a great "thingy" holder. I highly recommend these snappy tin things. They are fun to open and close too. And they make cool *POP* noises when opening. *POP*

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP