Monday, April 03, 2006

Sigh.

This evening, I was reorganizing the patterns I have accumulated and reassessing my many works in progress. I have decided that this shawl is not going to work out. This is very depressing because I love the pattern and the yarn, and I put so much work into the beads... But I'm only getting 1.4" of scarf length/gram of Kidsilk Haze. I only have one ball of this color and I was planning on doing the edging in a chocolate brown.

1.4 in/gram... sigh...

So I have to decide if I want to continue with this pattern for this project. I might take out one more repeat from the center panel... I'll have to do some calculations to see how much additional length will come from the decrease in width. And all those beads... I don't even know if they are noticeable or worth the trouble.

****10 minutes of calculations later****

Okey. New plan. I'm going to rip the progress so far and reknit with one less repeat which should give an ~50in scarf with milky white beads instead of the matching itty bitty beads. Hopefully they will show up a little better and have more of the effect I was looking for.

Enough thinking about knitting for the night... Time to frog some Kidsilk Haze. This should be interesting.

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP