Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Springy Projects.

So I was itchy to start some new projects. And I did. There have also been some absolutely crazy decisions made in the last week... like, "quitting my job and moving to California to start a new job" crazy. It still doesn't feel all the way real... but yes ma'am. I'm moving to SoCal. Dang.

Anyway... back to knitting. I started this cute pink cotton lacey top after being inspired by this free pattern at elann.com. I say inspired because this pattern is written in the most vague way possible. But maybe that's the point? I'm having fun charting out the lace as I go because there are no charts included in the pattern and I've discovered that I don't understand lace without charts. It's starting to look like something now!!! I'm very happy with it so far. I'm going to switch up the lace patterns on the bottom of the shirt, but I really love the horseshoe lace on the top.

Pink Lacey Top.


I also started a Lace Leaf Shawl for my mom. We went on a tour of a couple yarn shops in Philly a couple weeks ago and I bought some awesome koigu to make her a shawl. She knits very well, but she asked me to make her a shawl. I love knitting lace so I'm more than happy to oblige.

Dappled Lace Leaf Shawl.

The koigu is a gorgeous mix of greens that remind me of sun shining down through fresh leaves in the spring... so Dappled Lace Leaf Shawl it is...

Ok... I have to go to work!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delurking here. Those are interesting projects you've started.. I can't wait to see your progress on them! =)

Anonymous said...

I like the green and brown on this project....I think you should use bamboo yarn; I just get a vibe that you and the bamboo fibers would harmonize well

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP