Sunday, October 15, 2006

Finally!!!

Yay! My mom has finally sent me pictures of the shawl I made for her. It was a birthday present for her. I bought the yarn in Philly when she came to visit me on day and promised to knit her a shawl. The yarn is a lovely variegated green that is definitely her color. The pretty colors and the Lace Leaf pattern made a great combination.
If you look closely you can see Libby's tail (our chocolat lab) in the background...

Specs:

Yarn: Koigu KPPPM ( ???? & P426)
Amount: 225grams
Pattern: Leaf Lace Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark
Needles: US5(?)
Started: April 12th
Finished: August 16th

Close up of the purple scalloped tips of the shawl.

Doesn't the scarf compliment her new coat? And can you see Libby sniffing Shotze??

The sand in this pic is reminiscent of the color of her coat... Cool coincidence.

I really loved knitting this shawl for my mom. It turned out really nice and I'm happy that my mom likes it. Now she is all set for the winter cold. :)

Knitting away...

And now for some recent knitting; tonight I finished the knitting on the pink cabled bag. Now I have to figure out how to put it together with some cute bangle handles and some brown satin ribbon. Also, I have begun swatching for Forecast. Bring on the wool sweater knitting!

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP