Friday, October 13, 2006

TWO!!!

I did it! I finished my first pair of socks. There is a whole pair of them. And they are super cool... er... warm. The first goal of Socktoberfest has been accomplished. :)
Specs:
Yarn: Trekking XXL Colour 69 Olive
Amount: 86grams
Pattern: based on Wendy's generic toe-up pattern with some ribbing thrown in for fun
Needles: US1
Started: August 1st-ish
Finished: October 13th
Too big for even my size 11 feets.

And I finished the wavy scarf! Two socks and two FOs. I feel so productive.
Specs:
Yarn: Elizabeth Lavold Silky Wool (#012 & #008) and Silky Tweed (#02)
Amount: 141grams
Pattern: based on the Misty Garden Scarf from Scarf Style
Needles: US6
Started: September 18th-ish
Finished: October 13th
I really like how this scarf turned out. To tell the truth, I usually think the feather and fan stitch looks very inelegant, but it looks great in these colors and the finer gauge yarn. Very delicate and pretty, but it will still keep the neck warm. Yay!

Now I feel like I can start something new. What shall I choose?? I think I'm going to fix the toe of my Jaywalker first. Then I'm going to start an new sock to get another pair on it's way. And then I'm going to start a sweater. A wool sweater. Because I have a good stash of lovely wool and I'm thinking that the wool sweater knitting season here in SoCal is pretty freakin' short. But then again... there is the lovely chocolate Kidsilk Haze that is call my name ever so sweetly... Decisions... decisions... but what fun decisions to contemplate!

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP