Sunday, October 01, 2006

Let's talk about socks, baby...

I have a problem knitting socks. Exhibit A:
One is the loneliest number.

I have never once completed a pair of socks. I have knit plenty of single socks. I have started single socks and never finished the poor sock.

I am not a good sock knitter.

However, I am trying to change. The first thing is to admit you have a problem... Well. I've admitted it. I understand it. I am too often seduced by other pretty yarns and pretty projects. I get bored with the fact that I have to knit a second sock in the same yarn.

I have taken several actions to change this behavior. Exhibit B:
Socktoberfest 2006!

October is going to be about socks for me. Not just socks, but I'm going to make an effort to pull myself out of the depths of Second Sock Syndrome hell. I am going to finish the Mountain Man Socks and claim a victory as the first pair of socks I have completed. The second sock has already been started and is well on it's way to the heel (See Exhibit A). I am going to fix the toe of my Jaywalkers because I love the yarn and the sock and the pattern. But I do not love the toe. I am going to start a second sock to pair one of the multiple single socks that I posses (either the Bruise Sock or the Summer Sock). And finally, if I finish another pair of socks (beyond the MMS), I will maybe allow myself to start another pair of socks... just to keep it interesting.

P.S. I'm also thinking about picking up a KnitPicks circular needle to see if I would be more satisfied knitting two socks at once. Or even just to try knitting a sock using the magic loop method... I've only used dpns up to this point... No pun intended. :)

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP