Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Mojo.

Hmph. I seem to have lost my knitting mojo. Nothing is working right! I am completely frustrated with all of my knitting projects. Let me explain complain:
Chevron Scarf.
I started a Chevron Scarf a couple weeks ago. It's not growing on me. I think the stripes of solid purple silk disrupts the pattern flow. Plus the gauge is different with the silk and it just doesn't jive. I'd also like to use a size larger needle for more drape. And I'm still considering Domesticat's version of the Chevron Scarf. Indecision!!! Ack!
Alpine Lace.
I then decided I wanted to knit some lace. I cast on for the Alpine Lace Scarf in Victorian Lace Today. After knitting a few rows I was thinking I should go up a needle size. Then I really messed up the lace pattern. Sigh. Time to rip.
Shibori Scarf.
So I started something simple... something I couldn't mess up. How about stockinette with a delicious yarn like Kidsilk Haze. How could I go wrong?? Well... I think it's too wide. It's going to be felted... so maybe it's not too wide. I dunno. I can't decide.
Just a side note: I think this ball of yarn is cursed. I've ripped it 3+ times because I didn't like the result. I thought something simple would be foolproof... Ummm... guess not.
Thermal Sleeve.
Then I decided to cast on for my new, shorter Thermal sleeve. I've maneuvered the tricky tubular cast-on easily, knit a few rows, and realized it is too big. My arms are skinny. The pattern is written for loose-ish sleeves. I want fitted sleeves. AHHHH! I'm going to freak.

I just. Want something. To work.

Knitting used to "just work." Why am I having such issues? I think I feel rushed. I haven't had a lot of time lately to just sit down and knit. So I feel like knitting time is precious and every second counts. When I mess up and my net progress is zero... frustration builds. Time to step away from the needles. I will re-prioritize, rip mercilessly, and report back.

Peace out. At least, that's what I'm going to try to do.

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP