Monday, April 14, 2008

Join CAREFULLY...

To knit in the round being careful not to TWIST...

Ugh. I have made a total ROOKIE MISTAKE. And I'm annoyed.
IMG_3174.JPG
See that? Is that 8" of sweater body? No? Wait... That's not a tube of stockinette. That's A !&#(*#@*& MOBIUS STRIP. (How ironic that the Wikipedia article has a knitted mobius strip as one of the illustrations of the amazing mathematical quandary.)

I can't believe it! I swear I checked multiple times during the progress of this knitting and it was never a one-sided geometrical object until tonight. I SWEAR!!! Do you get the feeling that this amazes me? How in the heck did I miss that?? Jeez. Not to mention that I'm not getting anywhere near the same gauge with my Knitpicks options needles as I did on the sleeves with the dpns. Hmmm. I hear the ball winder calling my name.

Anyway, here is something pretty to look at... the wildflowers are still painting the hills on the way up to Eric's place:
IMG_3169.JPG
Yellow, Purple, Orange!

Sigh. Darn it. Back to square one.

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP