Sunday, November 14, 2004

Adventures in Fair Isle.

I've started to swatch my sister's Houndstooth Clutch. I was inspired by Bruxknits' pattern for Elle(pdf). However, I'm going to use the construction of the Floral Felted Bag in Interweave Knits Fall 2004. This was my first attempt at fair isle. It was SO awkward at first, but I think I have a method now.


Before.

I'm also going to felt the bag, so in to the sink my swatch went. I really like how it turned out. I have a feeling it will be a cute bag and I'm sure I'll want to keep it for myself... Hmmm... Too bad my sister has an awesome coat that it will match perfectly. Maybe I'll just barrow the coat, too. Isn't that what sisters are for? :p


After.

And finally, a pic of the glove progress. Two fingers down, three to go... on this glove atleast. I'm really having fun figuring this out as I go. You can see my Weimaraner puppy posters in the background. You can also see my Sophie bag and my Fiona bag(pdf) hanging up all pretty. They make nice wall decoration. Mike asked me this weekend, "Why don't you use these bags? Or sell them?" He doesn't understand that they make me just as happy to look at as when I use them. Fiona is a great summer bag, but Sophie is a bit scratchy. You win some, you lose some. They all get used in their own special way. Even if it's just decoration!


Peace dudes!

Ok, good night all! Peace out!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Your fair isle looks so good... especially for your first time! The bag sounds like it's going to be really nice.

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP