Sunday, November 28, 2004

Whirlwind...

Thanksgiving break was great! I ate lots of delicious food - all the traditional turkey day faire. I must say that there were some awesome pies and pumpkin puffs in attendance this year. Yum.

I had some second thoughts about the brown yarn I used in the swatch for my sister's felted clutch. It didn't seem to felt at the same rate as the lighter yarn. So during Black Friday, I went to JoAnn's at 7:30 am (!) and picked up (among other things...) a ball of grey wool. I knit this swatch in a different pattern. It's a herringbone! I rather like it. But I'll leave the decision to Kaylee. Hi Kaylee. :) The grey yarn seems to felt more evenly with the cream so I think I'll stick with the cream and grey combo.


pre-felt


post-felt

Below is a gratuitous picture of the completely finished poncho. I love how it turned out with the pompoms. I washed it and it fluffed up to be SO. SOFT. I was amazed. I wanted to keep it for myself. Maybe I'll pick up a more "grown-up" color of the boucle and knit myself one.


lovely pompoms

Some of the "other things" from JoAnn's include polar fleece remnants that I'm planning on knitting! I experimented with this bright pink fleece. I had to use US17 to get a loose enough fabric. I think the hat that I am planning will be super warm and soft. I have another thinner microfleece with a colorful pattern to make another hat with. It's fun to find different things to knit. That's the cool thing about knitting; it's so freaking customizable! Haha. Ugh. I'm such a knitting dork. Oh well.


knitting with polar fleece

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP