Monday, March 21, 2005

Catnip craze.

I have a new friend living with me in my apartment. Introducing the golden Buddah: coolest cat ever.

Attack of Buddah. He really likes catnip.

I had to make him a catnip toy real quick as a housewarming gift. I used the knitty Feline Dim Sum pattern to make a wonton. It was really fast; just a square from some stash wool that is stuffed with some catnip and sewn together.

Kitty wonton.

Buddah's story is pretty crazy. My family adopted him when he was a tiny kitten along with one of his gray sisters Shotze. He grew up to be a really cool cat! He will "talk" to you and he is very inquisitive. He lived with us for about 2 years when he was lost. We put up posters and searched everywhere to no avail. We were sad about losing him, but there wasn't much more we could do.

Fast forward 2 years (I was in TX for training): My family was at a local fair when they saw a poster about a cat that needed a new home because it's owners couldn't keep him in their apartment anymore. The cat looked exactly like Buddah. My parents figured it was a long shot, but went to the local police department where he was being held to check it out anyway. The cat looked like Buddah, acted like Buddah, but was it really him? The police told them that a local family had found him about 2 years ago limping. The family figured he was hit by a car, took him to the vet to get fixed up, and kept him as a pet for the past 2 years. But they were moving and couldn't keep him anymore. My parents were mostly convinced and brought him back home... to his original home! After a little while we are totally convinced that IS Buddah. It's pretty crazy, but true. And now my dad wants to get rid of all our cats (urine and carpet... long bad story) so I brought Buddah up here to live with me. It's fun to have a kitty here to keep me company. :) Have a great day and hug your cat if you have one.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Wow, what are the chances of that! Give him a good petting for me, will ya?

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP