Sunday, May 06, 2007

Correspondence.

Dear Valerie,

How's it going? I just wanted to give you a little update on my Interstate Scarf progress. I tried the Arrowhead Lace, but I wasn't feeling it. I couldn't seem to keep the correct stitch count. I suspect it was because I wrote the pattern down incorrectly, not the actual pattern. Either way, I took a look through my Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns to see if there were any patterns that popped out at me. I forget what it's called, but I swatched one of the patterns... I'm still not convinced it's the pattern I want to use. What do you think?
Swatch.
Hmmmmm.
One thing is for sure though; this yarn is awesome! It's so silky and soft. And I love the colors I chose. I must be in a "instant-gratification" mood this weekend because I have been swatching a lot. I got my new Interweave Knits magazine and one pattern reminded me of the hemp yarn I bought awhile ago.
Hemp. For Knitting.
Tough on the hands.
I really hope that washing the hemp works wonders because working with it was like knitting with un-waxed dental floss. Hmmmm... I hear legends of beautiful drape and increasing softness with wear, so I'll try not to make preemptive judgement.

I also started a washcloth out of some Sugar'n'Cream yarn. I love the Mason Dixon book. I borrowed it from the library, but I'm going to buy it. It's very inspirational and so funny!
Warsh Rag.
Warshcloth.
So that's what I've been up to. How's your scarf coming? Have you found any other patterns that look promising?

Have a great Monday!!! I'll talk to you soon,
Mandie

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP