Tuesday, May 08, 2007

She Responds!

Hi Amanda!

I'm doing good. Are you glad to be back in CA and out of the Texas humidity? :)

I'm finally ready to start the Interstate Scarf! I don't have one of the contraptions that will ball yarn so I had to do it manually. I wanted to create a finished ball that would unravel from the center. After a couple attempts of trying to figure this out on my own and ending up with a tangled mess, I consulted my "Stitch 'N Bitch" handbook. Low and behold they had a very simple method for creating a center-pull ball. Now I have all my yarn balled and am ready for some swatching!
Interstate Scarf 002.jpg
tangled mess of yarn, aahh!!
Interstate Scarf 005.jpg
pretty center-pull balls - thanks Stitch 'N Bitch!!
I don't think I'm a fan of the swatch you posted on May 6th. I was thinking of something more 'light and airy'. I have looked around but nothing has jumped out at me either. I agree that the yarn is wonderful to work with (or at least to ball up)! I love how our color choices are so unique and fit both our personalities. :) I did like the other Vine Lace pattern you sent to me - I'm going to try a swatch of that tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yay, a new Interweave Knits magazine! It sounds like you have been busy starting knitting projects this weekend! Are you going to go ahead and knit the hemp shirt? I was out of town this weekend visiting my friend in Baton Rouge, La, and didn't do much knitting. I was too busy eating crawfish! We went to the Crawfish Festival in Breaux Bridge and watched the crawfish eating contest (winner ate 26 lbs!!), crawfish races, and took a Cajun dance lesson. I had a great time :)
Crawfish Festival.JPG
Crawfish Festival (Me & Dane)
Crawfish Races.JPG
Crawfish Races
I squeezed in some knitting on the plane, and started a scarf using light yellow wool and the "My so called scarf" pattern I found in your blog a while back.

Have a good day! I'll send you another update soon!
Valerie

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP