Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Where are they now?

Knits of the past... What happens to all the pretty things we knit? Do they get worn to death? Or shoved in the back of a drawer? I think it's fun to hear how things wear over time so here is my little report. Back in 2004 I knit a Mini Sweater. I didn't wear the poor thing very much because the yarn was sorta stretchy and it hung around my ribcage after one wear.

Well, this week I finally got around to re-sewing the button into a more fitting position and yay!!! We have functional knitwear! I wore it to work on Tuesday... See?
Mini Sweater!
Super cool!

Also... I have been thinking a lot lately about what I like to knit. More specifically about what type of WIPs I have. I tend to have a lot of projects going at once, but I think it's because I like such a wide variety of knitting types.
  • I like to have a lace project in case the lace bug bites. Right now that lace project is Print O' the Wave.
  • I like to have a project being made for someone else. Currently, I am knitting Eric's mom a hat in Malabrigo Chunky. Mmmmmm. So soft!
  • I like to have a large project. That would be my Indigo Ripples skirt. I kinda stalled on that for a bit, but I'm excited to start it up again! I'm right a the beginning of the lace.
  • I also like to have a scarf on the needles. Right now, I don't have a scarf in progress!?!? I'll have to remedy that by starting the Interstate Scarf. I wonder how Valerie's progressing on hers? I think a hat would fit this niche too... Hmmm... Koolhaas out of Malabrigo? Yes. I think so.
  • And finally, I would like to start having a sock in progress at all times. I really love the Monkey socks I knit myself and you seriously can't beat a sock for portable knitting.
Ok... enough of my crazed, obsessive knit speak. Time to go to sleep! Good night!

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP