Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Mermaid Gloves

I finished the Mermaid Gloves just in time to go camping in Big Sur. They came in handy (haha) because it got pretty chilly at night!
DSC_0068.JPG
Mermaid Gloves among the beautiful scenery.

Mermaid Gloves by the Pacific Ocean
How about a close-up? Notice the scarf? It's the first one I ever knit and I still wear it all the time!

During the camping trip, the Mermaid Gloves were well-used and got kind of dirty...
Washie washie.
Takin' a bath.

Now they are dry, clean, and happy. Aaaaaand I love them.
Mermaid Gloves
Specs:
Yarn: Socks That Rock Lightweight Apple Valley Lane
Amount: 77grams
Pattern: Mermaid Gloves (using the Pomatomus Sock pattern and these and these and these and these for inspiration)
Needles: US0
Started: November 1st-ish, 2006
Finished: January 12th, 2007
Mermaid Gloves
Yay for cool pink gloves.

The first glove took awhile because I kept messing up the thumb gusset. But I figured it out and the next glove was a snap... after I deciphered how to make a mirror image of the Pomotomous lace pattern. Haha. Next up? Maybe the Urban Aran or something lace?

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP