Sunday, January 28, 2007

Mission warm hat:

I have been on a knitting mission lately; to knit a very warm hat. You see, I'm going skiing in February in Colorado and the hat I currently wear is much too lightweight for the type of cold you endure while skiing. So I dug through the stash and found this yarn. And this pattern. To make it even more warm and to decrease the contact of itchy yarn with sensitive skin, I added a cashmerino lining.
Front.
Side.
I started the decreases and I don't really like them. :/ I also wish I would have started the wavy motif 6 rows earlier so that the hem didn't need to be attached halfway up the pattern. Erk. But I'm not going to re-do it. It will keep my head warm all the same. Strange things happen when you knit a pattern with a completely different gauge. Sometimes you don't guesstimate things correctly... ooooh well.
Doing the fair isle portion was fun though. I think I finally got the hang of using my left hand to carry the yarn. Stranding is pretty fun.
Stranding.
Ok, time to sleeeeep. We will tackle the decreases later. Good night!

No comments:

Flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from manda.ebner. Make your own badge here.

Awesome Blogs!

A Bit About Me

My Photo
Mandie
CA, United States
I like pizza. And knitting. And photography. This place is to keep track of my antics. Enjoy.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Background by metremade.com.

Back to TOP